6-Year-Old Can’t Stop Vomiting, Then Dad Gets Sick News About Nearby Immigrant

In Massachusetts, John Russo decided to order lunch for himself and his 6-year-old daughter from their local Panera Bread location.

He used the web-based ordering platform on Jan. 28 to place the order but made a special request. His daughter has a severe peanut allergy so he specified that no peanuts be used anywhere in or around her order.

In fact, to make it much more clear, he ordered a grilled cheese a nut-free option and yet still warned workers about her peanut allergy in two places on the order, The Boston Globe reported.

So Russo was very concerned when his daughter took one bite of her sandwich and began vomiting and breaking out into hives immediately.

Russo rushed his little girl to the emergency room, where she was given a shot of epinephrine to stop the anaphylactic response. The little girl had to stay overnight for observation, because she was just moments away from a possible fatality.

Russo had no idea what could have caused this, so he went back to examine his daughter’s meal. To his utter surprise, his daughters grilled cheese had become a peanut butter and grilled cheese sandwich.

Russo called the restaurant to understand how this could have happened … and that is when he discovered the most upsetting news of all.

The restaurant manager blamed the near fatal mistake on a “language issue.” The employee who prepared the grilled cheese peanut butter sandwich is an immigrant who speaks only limited English. The manager said that the employee must have misread what Russo meant by “peanut allergy.”

Russo is now suing the restaurant for negligence and engaging “in unfair and deceptive business practices by adding peanut butter to the plaintiff’s grilled cheese sandwich knowing that she has a life-threatening peanut allergy.”

This is the problem when immigrants do not assimilate into the country in which they are residing. This little girl could have died because the worker did not understand the English written in front of him.

It is even more upsetting that the worker did not ask for help in deciphering something he did not understand and just took it upon himself to add an ingredient that could have killed a little girl.

We hope Russo gets his justice and that this is a huge wake-up call to businesses everywhere to hire more sensibly.

H/T Mad World News

Share this story on Facebook and Twitter and be sure to add your voice to the comments below.

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.

Leave a comment...