Attorney General Lynch Shields Clinton From Email Investigation

After Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s secret meeting with former President Bill Clinton in Phoenix Monday, Lynch filed an extension request on Wednesday that would prevent Hillary’s State Department emails from being turned over for another 27 months – almost 2 years into a potential Clinton presidential term.

The Department of Justice filed a formal notice Wednesday to U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras, advising him that the State Department will be unable to provide the emails between State Department officials, the Clinton Foundation and Teneco Consulting (a public relations firm that Bill Clinton helped launch) by the court-ordered deadline of July 21.

The emails had been ordered as a result of a lawsuit by Citizens United, a conservative organization.   The Daily Caller reports that the four senior Clinton aides involved were Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Michael Fuchs, Ambassador-At-Large Melanne Verveer, Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, and Deputy Chief of Staff Huma Abedin.  The Justice Department admitted that during Clinton’s four-year term as Secretary of State, her aides corresponded with both the Clinton Foundation and Teneco Consulting about 700 times per month.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s Justice Department has asked Contreras for an additional 27 months to finish the work, or until October 2018, saying they will be processing about 500 pages a month.

Originally the State Department said there are about 6,000 documents related to the request, but now, they have “discovered errors in the manner in which the searches were conducted” and they claim there appear to be more than 14,000 pages they must process.

“This is totally unacceptable; the State Department is using taxpayer dollars to protect their candidate Hillary Clinton,” said David Boss, Citizens United President.   “The American people have a right to see these emails before the election. If transparency is truly important to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, they will order the production of all of these records as ordered by the court by July 21, 2016. The conflicts of interest that were made possible by the activities of Hillary Clinton’s State Department in tandem with the Clinton Foundation are of significant importance to the public and the law enforcement community.”

The State Department says they are overwhelmed and backlogged with the massive number of requests they receive for information, with total pending requests now over 29,000.

Join us on Facebook to Stop The Takeover. Click on the
button to subscribe.

Leave a comment...