John F. Lehman, a New York investment banker and former member of the Reagan administration who sits on the 9/11 Commission, strongly believed that employees of the Saudi Arabian government played an intricate role in providing a support network for the Sept. 11 hijackers.
“There was an awful lot of participation by Saudi individuals in supporting the hijackers, and some of those people worked in the Saudi government,” he said during an interview with The U.K. Guardian Wednesday.
He added that the Obama administration ought to release the commission’s full congressional report, which includes 28 pages that were censored upon the report’s initial release in 2004 because they contained “raw, unvetted” data that could possibly smear some allegedly innocent people.
“Contrary to the argument advocated by the Kingdom, the 9/11 commission did not exonerate Saudi Arabia of culpability for the events of 11 Sept. 2001 or the financing of Al Qaida,” Lehman said, noting that without the 28 pages, the report basically makes Saudi Arabia look innocent.
What you’ll see in the foreign government support section of “The 9/11 Commission Report “, all 28 pages of it. pic.twitter.com/Wb4OFSTjBX
— Dylan Avery (@ProofPlease_911) May 10, 2016
Why then do these pages remain censored? Because unfortunately, a number of officials disagree with Lehman.
Included among them are former Indiana Democrat congressman Lee Hamilton and former Republican New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean, who now chairs the commission. Last month they penned a joint statement urging the administration not to release the 28 pages and also praising Saudi Arabia for being “an ally of the United States in combating terrorism.”
In the interview on Wednesday, Lehman reportedly fired back by claiming that the commission unearthed at least five Saudi officials who, though never indicted, were certainly implicated based on “an awful lot of circumstantial evidence.”
The battle over whether to release the 28 pages remains at a standstill at the moment, though Democrat commissioner Tim Roemer of Indiana argued that perhaps the two sides could reach a compromise.
Namely, he suggested that the 28 pages be released alongside a list of relevant excerpts from the rest of the report.
“That would show what allegations were and were not proven, so that innocent people are not unfairly maligned,” he said. “It would also show there are issues raised in the 28 pages about the Saudis that are still unresolved to this day.”
That sounds like a good idea, so why are we still waiting for the 28 pages to be released? I am not certain, though I guarantee that it has something to do with Barack Hussein Obama not wanting Americans to know the truth about yet one more thing.
Please share this story on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think about the accusations that the Saudi government provided a support network to the Sept. 11 hijackers!