Despite the horrific Islamic terror attack that took place in Orlando last weekend and the continued warnings from top U.S. officials that ISIS will infiltrate the refugee system, the Obama Administration remains hell-bent on importing “refugees” from terror hotbeds into our communities.
The Washington Examiner reports that in the wake of the Orlando attack, “A White House National Security Council spokesman told the Washington Examiner Monday evening that the U.S. ‘remains committed to the president’s plan to resettle refugees from around the world,’ including the more than 8,000 of the 10,000 Syrian refugees Obama pledged to resettle in the U.S. by October but have yet to undergo the required screening.”
Below is a list of NINE high-ranking U.S. officials, including our CIA and FBI directors, who all believe ISIS can (or will) take advantage of the refugee system to infiltrate the West and carry out terror attacks (just like they did in the Paris attacks).
· In June 2016, CIA Director John Brennan testified that ISIS “is probably exploring a variety of means for infiltrating operatives into the West, including in refugee flows, smuggling routes and legitimate methods of travel.”
· In March 2016, the top U.S. military commander in Europe—Air Force General Philip Breedlove—told a Senate Committee that ISIS is infiltrating the ranks of refugees entering Europe, and that terrorists, returning foreign fighters and criminals are now part of the “daily” refugee flow.
· In September 2015, when asked if ISIS could infiltrate the refugees, Obama’s former top envoy on the coalition to defeat ISIS, General John Allen told ABC News, “I think we should watch it. We should be conscious of the potential that Daesh (aka ISIS) may attempt to embed agents within that population.”
· In October 2015, FBI Director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be allowed to come to the U.S.
· In September 2015, the US Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper said “We don’t obviously put it past the likes of ISIL to infiltrate operatives among these refugees.”
· In September 2015, State Department Spokesman John Kirby admitted it’s “possible” for those with ISIS ties to sneak in the US through the refugee program.
· In February 2015, when asked by Rep. Michael McCaul if bringing in Syrian refugees could pose a risk to Americans, Deputy Director of the National Counterterrorism Center Nicholas Rasmussen said “It’s clearly a population of concern.”
· In February 2015 assistant director for the FBI, Michael Steinbeck said in a House Homeland Security hearing that he was “concerned” that bringing in Syrian refugees could pose a greater risk to Americans.
· In April 2015 House Homeland Security Committee Chairman, Rep. Michael McCaul said, “The intelligence community has briefed me that [terrorists] want to exploit the refugees — [that] terrorists want to exploit the refugee program to infiltrate and get in.”