Is Ted Cruz Planning On ‘Un-Suspending’ His Campaign?

Following his defeat in the Indiana primary, Texas Senator Ted Cruz suspended his Presidential campaign citing a “foreclosed” path to the GOP nomination. Now, however, it seems Cruz might be having a change of heart. Over the past few days, Senator Cruz has made several statements which suggest that he is leaving the door open to continuing his challenge against presumptive nominee Donald Trump.

First, CNN reports that Cruz has no plans to release his delegates from at least three states: Kansas, Oklahoma, and his home state of Texas. CNN reported:

Cruz sent a letter to Republican state parties in at least Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas on Monday informing them that he plans to keep the delegates he won bound to him.

“Although I have suspended my campaign for the Republican Party nomination for President of the United States, I do not release any Republican National Convention delegates bound to me as a result of the 2016 delegate selection process that took place in your state,” Cruz wrote in a letter to Kelly Arnold, the chair of the Kansas GOP and obtained by CNN.

Cruz has also in recent days suggested that he could conceivably reevaluate his campaign should he emerge victorious in Tuesday’s Nebraska primary.

“We launched this campaign intending to win. The reason we suspended the race last week is with Indiana’s loss, I didn’t see a viable path to victory,” Cruz said to radio host Glenn Beck. “If that changes, we will certainly respond accordingly.”

Although Cruz and several top advisors have recently said they will not be resuming their campaign or challenging Trump, it does appear that Cruz is preparing for a convention fight. Only time will tell whether that challenge will be limited to the party platform, or if Senator Cruz still has designs on the presidency.

Join us on Facebook to Stop The Takeover. Click on the
button to subscribe.

Leave a comment...