Standoff! Obama refuses to answer Benghazi committee’s questions: I don’t take demands from Congress

The House Select Committee on Benghazi is up in arms on the issue of whether President Obama should answer questions about the White House’s reaction to the 2012 terror attack that took four American lives.

“When they asked the president if he was willing to answer questions about what happened that evening, he was advised by his counsel at the White House not to answer what he was doing because of the separation of powers issue,” Fox News Channel’s chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reported.

The White House’s reaction to the attack — especially that of the president — on the evening of September 11, 2012 “has largely been unknown,”she told Harris Faulkner on “Outnumbered.”

Herridge added that “We will learn more in the upcoming Republican version of the [Benghazi] report about some critical meetings that went on that day that we have not known about in the past and some of the figures who are implicated in those meetings.”

At issue in those meetings would be discussions of the possibility of rescuing Ambassador Chris Stevens “who was missing at that time, and the extent to which the video was discussed, and some of this may be very surprising.”

Obama’s attorney issued a statement on the issue.

“If the president were to answer your questions, his response would suggest that Congress has the unilateral power to demand answers from the president.”

Demanding answers is called “checks and balances” among the three branches of government.

Fox Business Network’s Lou Dobbs commented on the lack of an official White House statement of the events surrounding the terror attack after “almost four years.”

“That, in and of itself, is damning,” he said.

“If you have the most transparent administration in history, now’s the time to prove it,” Fox Business Network’s Kennedy added, picking up on Dobbs’ theme.

The Democratic members of the committee have already released their version of their findings, which indicates that the committee uncovered nothing new.

The Republic member’s findings are expected later this week, and will reportedly include the full transcripts of the witnesses who had previously never testified on the matter prior to their appearance before the committee.

Join us on Facebook to Stop The Takeover. Click on the
button to subscribe.

Leave a comment...