Donald Trump announced during his victory remarks Tuesday night that he plans to give a speech next week detailing the Clintons’ sordid history.
In one of the strongest lines from his speech Tuesday night, the businessman said, “We can’t solve our problems by counting on the politicians who created our problems.”
“The Clintons have turned the politics of personal enrichment into an art form for themselves. They’ve made hundreds of millions of dollars selling access, selling favors, selling government contracts. And I mean hundreds of millions of dollars,” the presumptive GOP nominee stated.
“I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week. And we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting,” Trump said, which the crowd on hand applauded.
“I wonder if the press will want to attend? Who knows?” the candidate queried.
Trump foreshadowed at least one of the topics likely to show up in his speech next week: Hillary Clinton’s email scandal. “Secretary Clinton even did all of the work on a totally illegal, private server. Something that how she’s getting away with this folks, nobody understands. Designed to keep her corrupt dealings out of the public record, putting the security of the entire country at risk.”
As reported by Western Journalism, the State Department’s inspector general has determined that Hillary Clinton did not comply with the agency’s record policies, singling out her use of a private, unsecured email server for particular scrutiny. The IG further revealed that Clinton and her aides refused to participate in the review.
Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano believes the reason Clinton chose to exclusively use a private server was to give her total control over the public record, including any Freedom of Information Act requests that she would receive while serving as secretary of state and after leaving office. He believes she clearly violated the law.
The Atlantic has compiled a primer on Clinton scandals, all of which could be fodder for Trump’s speech next week.
- Clinton’s State Department emails – as discussed above, including compromising top secret information.
- Benghazi – lying about the nature of the attack to the families, not providing adequate security to State Dept. personnel and failing to respond after the attacks launched.
- Clinton Foundation – conflicts of interest, with millions in paid speeches by foreign interests allegedly in return for access and favorable treatment by the State Department.
- The women scandals – alleged sexual assault of Kathleen Wiley, sexual harassment of Paula Jones, and rape of Juanita Broaddick by Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton’s role in seeking to discredit the women.
- Whitewater – scandal similar to the alleged wrongdoing with the Clinton Foundation and the email scandal. Bill Clinton was accused of using his position as Arkansas governor to push through an illegal loan to his and Hillary’s business partner, Vince Foster (who met an untimely death, reportedly by suicide, at the age of 48). Hillary was later investigated by now FBI director James Comey for seeking to hide documents related to a congressional investigation and ordering others to block investigators.
Hillary Clinton is currently under investigation by the FBI both for allegedly mishandling classified information and government corruption in relation to the Clinton Foundation.
h/t: BizPac Review